As I approach launch, I am considering building an introductory video for my website in order to explain my software and the concept behind it.
In my minds eye, I see this video as a mixture of real world shots showing my 'solution' in use, combined with screencam sections focusing in on the software. The video would need professional titles and professional voiceover.
I am considering outsourcing this whole process - though more than likely based on my script.
I am looking for hints and experiences on this process:
- Is this a worthwhile exercise when few companies even go as far as a screen-cam?
- How much should I budget for a good video of this kind?
- What is involved in this - is it much harder or more expensive than I would anticipate?
- Is this exercise likely to be worth the investment?
- How and where would I find someone with the necessary skills? I'm not sure what terms I should be searching on.
- Have you seen any examples of good videos of this kind? I imagine it's going to be tricky to avoid some cheesy infomercial look.
I am surprised how few small companies and web applications make use of video considering how widely used it is on the web now. This in mind, I am also interested in more general comments on the use of video to explain and bring your product to life.
PS - Haven't been to answers.onstartups.com for a while - glad to see it is still thriving.