I'm looking for more great software tools (than the ones listed below that I already use) to not only create and run a website, but to verify and maintain it. All our websites run on Unix servers with php. We use:
- TopStyle to create and edit html and CSS web pages.
- Zoom website search engine. You define the output look, search algorithm, and more.
- FTP Voyager for file ftp work.
- HTML Validator to verify the html and CSS code are technically correct.
- Xenu link validator - verifies every link, image, etc on your web site. Reports broken or missing links, redirected, etc. Worst graphics and user interface ever, but it is free, accurate, and fast.
- Instant Demo Creates professional flash application tutorials for your web site.
- Web Log Storming Web site log analysis.
What tools do you use? Do they have any quirks? These are the minimum tools I think are necessary (not including a graphics editor) needed by any startup with a web site- assuming they are PC based.