I'm a big believer of "release early, release often" but what's the limit?
- Traditional - Desktop software
- We are new but already got many clients
- Updates requires about 15-30 mb.
- Update process is fairly straight-forward
- Q/A is out of the question in here, I assume the updates are almost always delivered perfectly (for the sake of argument let's say there is only 4% chance of delivering an update with a bad bug)
- Subscription model (we charge every year and includes all minor, major updates)
- Do you think releasing a new version every week is a good idea or twice a month?
- Shall we change our release cycle? Could this make our customers frustrated or happy?
- Any experience that you can share? Maybe some hard data on the subject.