Let's assume one thing. You have NOMNOM ready to be installed on thousands of your clients computers and used, but oh wait, you catch the SaaS bandwagon, and decide to prdocue NOMNOM.COM and make people pay 1/12th for it.
Saas Sucks because
compared to your Traditional Desktop Software development.....
- SaaS takes more time & effort to make because you have to account for scalability.
- SaaS takes more money because you have to invest in some servers and hardware.
- SaaS takes more equity selling (basically u losing ownership partially to VCs, "BFF").
- SaaS takes more ass kissery because your customers can always cancel subscriptions.
- SaaS takes more debt cuz you have to wait till you get positive cash flow & critical mass.