I am trying to narrow down the type of manufacturing a brewery represents. Browsing wikipedia lists a number of styles and a few fit. I think it falls somewhere on the lean / agile / JIT spectrum but would like to narrow that down. Some salient points:
- Production is batched, we can not continuously produce beer
- It takes 3-4 weeks to make a batch
- Product shelf life is 3-6 months
- We are in the early stages of rapid growth
- We have production/sales targets to meet
Right now letting demand pull production along, but I'd like to improve the process.