I'm a software developer with around 5 yrs of work experience in Java/J2EE technologies. I have an offer for a new project in my company where the work would be of Data Analysis. Basically we would be analyzing internet marketing data of ebay. This would be entirely different than what I have done till now. There is no coding involved in this project and its purely analytical field.
I have very limited understanding of Data Analytics field and I would really appreciate any guidance to help me decide. I have following questions popping in my mind:
- Would it equip me to be a better entrepreneur?
- I'm considering doing MBA in future, would it help me in that?
- Is being in data analysis closer to business/entrepreneurship, than being in a core technical field?
- Would it give me more business insights/exposure?
- Whether this switch would be good for me or should I stick to core technical field?
Any other advise/sharing experiences would be great. Thank you.