I'm starting a niche social networking site so far by myself. It's my idea, and these are my contributions so far.
- Research and purchase domain names
- Brainstorm entire site concept, much of the layout, and comprehensive list of potential site features
- Put up ads online for programmers, graphic designers, SEO firms, and have been spending about 5-8 hours daily for the last week responding to applicants and reviewing resumes
- I have set money aside to pay for the site's development
- I am a well known name in my location for this niche and I am already connected with most of the other well known names in this niche. Between us, I already have access to over 20,000 facebook fans/friends who are potential users of this fan site, as these other names will be featured on my site.
However I know very little about the technical aspect of the site. I have a friend who while not professional, knows much me than me in that aspect.
Should I consider bringing him in as a co-founder in charge of managing the technical aspects? That would free me to focus on the marketing side.