Testimonials can be a useful marketing tool. I wanted to toss a bunch of questions out to see if someone with some experience in the area can provide feedback and guidance.
- Are there times where it does not make sense to publish testimonials?
- Are they typically solicited or unsolicited?
- How do you approach clients with a request for a testimonial?
- Is it customary to ask permission before publishing?
- Should you keep the customer names anonymous?
- How much editing of the original comment is acceptable?
Our target industry/customers are small-to-medium size broker dealers and proprietary trading firms. Generally we work directly with the firm principals but the testimonials can come from them, their managers or traders themselves.