I've been through several rounds of technical (software developer) interviews at a start-up and have done pretty well. I've been invited back for the final round which will be with the CEO. I understand it will also be under NDA which will allow them to talk more about their plans, etc.
What sorts of questions should I ask?
Things I already know:
- there will be options granted immediately (but not vesting for 3 years)
- the company has been going for about 3/4 months and is close to delivering their first (software) product
- I will be approximately the 4th software developer on board
- the company is pushing for second round funding
- they have a clear 5-year exit plan (although I don't know any more detail than that - they talk about "sitting on a beach" in 5 years)
I'd be interested to find out more about the exit plan and whether I will be "part of it". I'm also interested in how future funding plans will affect my options. But I'm not really a business guy, so I'm not sure what the right questions to ask are, or how to ask them without seeming rude!
Oh, and it's UK-based if that helps shape the answers.