I'm launching a new project/company, upon which we've decided on a name that we really like. We're planning to first target the UK, before expanding worldwide. Unfortunately (and annoyingly), the .com domain for our business is taken, though it's owned by a domain broker looking to sell it.
My dilemna is - once we've built and launched the product and it's a viable business behind our .co.uk domain, logic dictates that it will also increase the price the domain broker will want for the .com domain - since he'll know we'll want/need it more, in a manner of speaking. Does it make more sense to take the hit now and probably pay a little less for the .com domain and launch from there, despite funds being tight or should we wait until the business is making money and can afford to pay (possibly considerably) more for the domain further down the line?