The users of my saas app have a 14 day trial run to decide if they like it enough in order to stump up the cash for a monthly subscription.
I'm trying to work out a schedule of emails to send the users during this period in order to maximize conversions to a paid plan. The question is: what is the right amount of emails to send without feeling spammy or overbearing?
My current thoughts are:
- Email on signup of trial, "welcome to your 14 day trial"
- Email 5 days before trial expiry, "your trial is about to expire so subscribe"
- Email on expiry "trial expired, subscribe to continue"
- Email 7 days after expiry, "look at the cool stuff you are missing"
- Email 14 days after expiry, last email, "special offer, 20% off if you sign up today"
Does this seem reasonable? Too much? Too little? Just right?