I have approximately five year experience in not-web-based business (managed to start a small company without side investment and it is profitable now; the company produces advertisement equipment).
Recently I've decided to start a web-based b2b service (simple crm). As I have a Computer Science degree, I decided to make the prototype by myself. It is almost finished now.
So, taking into account that:
- I do not need any side investments;
- I do not need mentorship because I have some experience and I want to use it;
- taxes, law services and total cost of life and doing business in my current location is much lower than in the USA;
- I am planning to work with remote engineers while the business will be growing (so, there is no need to be in the location full of tech specialists);
- my motivation is strong enough to work and complete things -
the question is: What is the real advantage of moving the company to the Silicon Valley? Maybe it is necessary to be based in the USA, especially in the Valley to have an understaning of the market? I do not now - it is vague for me.
Also, I asked this question because it differs from these questions: 1, (as a new user I can not post more links, however you can find these questions by 'location' tag)