I'm working on an update to my company's website. Mostly it's just to freshen up the look. I'm pretty happy with the organization.
I'm planning to hire someone but I figured there were probably a bunch of "questions I should answer", like "What are your top 5 goals?", will it have eCommerce, etc. I think I have it all covered but I'd like to see a comprehensive list to I know if I'm overlooking anything.
I found a few such "questionaires" but I'm looking for something more comprehensive.
Here's what I've got on my generic list so far:
Masthead (which appears on all pages)
- Communicate that what we do within 10s (we make speech & language therapy software for home and clinic use).
- What are the top 3 "most wanted actions" (things we want the customer to do)?
- What do we want to communicate to the customer within 30 seconds (List up to 5 things, and rate in importance (perhaps assigning up to 100% points among the 5 things. E.g., #1 might be 92% importance and the other 4 might be 2% each)
- What is the site tree/organization of site? (Try to keep it shallow.
- What mood or feeling do you want the site to convey? (empathy, authority, "hi tech", dependable, etc.).
- What are some other websites that you like, and what about them do you like. What elements would you like to include something similar to in your site. (E.g., "this style of drop down menu, photos of customer using the software, etc.)