- What other things can I do to increase site awareness (increasing traffic) beside social network sharing with shopping bonuses with sub pears registering+shopping...
Search Engine Optimization(SEO), if done correctly, will give you the most bang for your buck. There are many factor that play into your ranking in various search engines, many of which are out of your hands. You stated that you were planning to write high quality content, well one part of onpage SEO is called keyword research. keyword research is very important and can be done by one's self with a little bit of research on your own. Keyword research will help you rank for relevant queries in search engines. A good resource to help you get started on keyword research is: seomoz | begginers guide to SEO: keyword research
also, I know you've stated that you already plan on using social networks, but make sure you use the major ones as a minimum. These include: Facebook(largest by far), Twitter and Google Plus. There are however a few more that you should keep in mind, these include: Pintrest, YouTube, and Flickr. also, please note that Google(the search engine with something like 60% market share) is using it's social network, Google+, to track social signals to help enhance their search engine; so although it might not be as popular as Facebook, it is not one that you want to ignore.
- How can I encourage user registration?
You could try adding a popup to your website where once they've been browsing for a little bit(either time or number of page views) it would pop up telling the user that they could register now. In addition to this, you could make it so if they register and purchase something within a certain time limit they will be given a discount on a portion of their order.
NOTE: I stated that the popup should only occur after the user has been browsing for a little bit. This is because users generally dislike popups so if you were to have the popup occur at when they first enter the site, they would most likely hit the back button. However, once you have gained their trust and they feel comfortable with your website, they will be more likely to register
- What other incentives can be used to increase shopping?
- Most popular items of the Day/Week/Month/Year
- additional items that users purchased with the item they are currently looking at
- Bundles(ie: Buy this cooking set, wash towels, and dish soap and
you'll recieve a 15% discount)
- if you're tracking the user's buying habits, you could try grouping
your customers into categories. Then based on these categories you
could recomend items that other customers in the category recently
- have a section for items that are trending right now
- have a section which has all items on sale
In addition to my above answers, I would suggest that you take some time and look at Amazon(THE top online retailer) for additional ideas.
I hope this helped,