We would like to understand the kind of tools which are used by other startup(s) for maintaining their projects.
- Project hosting (SVN or Git) - We have finalized on using Git.
- Email collaboration - We would like the capability to send group emails, but would also like this to be searchable (Google Apps lets you create groups, but they aren't searchable much similar to what is available in groups.google.com. Should we be creating our mailing lists on groups.google.com instead (by marking it as private). Is this a good idea, how others are doing this?
- Feature / Task / Bugs / Release management.
- Project specific docs management.
- Sometimes we involve early customers to be part of this engagement, so that they can provide feedback, where-in they get access to some portions of the project and not all information
- Support (email, voice) / Feedback management
We have around 10-20 users and would like a solution which addresses the above needs and costs less. Appreciate your input(s) on this topic.
Note: We use google apps for email, calendar capabilites. If there are some good app(s) on top of Google Apps, we would definitely want to consider them.
We have looked at unfuddle, assembla, GForge so far. Not so comfortable with unfuddle, GForge and assembla seems to be costly for our needs, would prefer a solution which works out cheaper for 10-20 users + 10-15 projects.