I have visited several affiliate sites which sell a service or product which promise and promote something. I will pick the category of selling eBooks or electronic content.
A lot of these sites look similar and seem to follow the same format:
- Large bold text in red
- Several pages. At least 3.
- Product image of a book or several DVDs
- Testimonials and images of people
- 100% guarantee badges
- Bonus or limited time offers
- Odd prices like $97 or $197 or prices with cents
- Image of author smiling. 'Real' name used. Their guarantee and an image of their signature at the bottom.
- Some text highlighted in yellow
Usually when I see a site which looks like that, my first reaction is that they are selling a 'scam' or scheme, like a get rich quick scheme.
An example. (Using them just as an example of the format I am mentioning)
Questions: Why do these sites look very similar? Is the format of their copy some proven format which gets higher conversions? Are they using a software which creates these pages?
I am interested to know more about this format because it's opposite of common Web 2.0 formats where most of the content is above the fold and it's very little which includes a large call to action button.