My partner and I have founded a British LTD, are registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce, intend to start trading in The Netherlands this fall, and we will have a Dutch BV or NV by end of year. We need to also setup a US-based entity, probably in Delaware or Nevada. (Those states are by no means a requirement--they just sounds like the quickest, cheapest and easiest states to work with.)
The purpose of this entity is three fold:
- employ a remote employee (and minority shareholder), probably in Massachusetts
- purchase goods and services in the US
- save cash, thanks to the very weak dollar
- some things we need are only available in the US
- register trademarks and copyrights
If it matters, I am a US citizen.
So, the question: What types of companies can be owned fully by a foreign entity? Are their restrictions or hidden costs?