I would like to know what goes on in the mind of a client when she first encounters a product/service offering? What questions are they asking themselves before they make a purchase decision?
closed as not a real question by Zuly Gonzalez♦ Aug 24 '12 at 19:27
It's difficult to tell what is being asked here. This question is ambiguous, vague, incomplete, overly broad, or rhetorical and cannot be reasonably answered in its current form. For help clarifying this question so that it can be reopened, see the FAQ.
Here is an initial List
1) Who are you and what qualifies you to do this work? When was the last time you did something similar? How does that help me?
2) Who else has bought this product? Will they give or act as a reference?
3) Am I the first customer, if yes what would make this worth my while? Special price, features, customization, service combination?
4) If you are startup how do I know that you will be around and not fail and quit two months later?
5) Do you have the bandwidth to handle this account?
6) Will you make me look good or bad in front of my boss?
7) How much effort have you put in understanding my specific needs and requirements? Are you treating me as a special case or an off the shelf sale?
8) How does your price compare with the competition? Your features?