Being an online store, You are in a unique position, Your customer has given you the contact information, and given you permission to send them emails (Not SPAM).
Use every chance you get to communicate to your customer.
- A email that the order is confirmed
- A email that the order is being packed
- A email that the order is shipped
- A email that the order is about to be delivered
- (Parcel companies generally do this, You can, if you want to)
- A email that the order is delivered
- A email Thanking them for the purchase, and come back to being helped more
- A email, One week after, of how the product is working, and to let you know of issues, concerns, and in general any status..
No more emails after that, Your permission expired here.
- Unless, you have in express writing, that this customer wants to hear from your SPAM.
After the feedback is provided, Now ask your customer to receive other comments on the same product, (This is your permission, to include a footer on every email to add personalised signatures, promotions)
Use every communication email, as your source or feedback request. Provide easy links (No registration, if possible), have the email id, order number or any context information in the link, it self. This shows to the customer, that you are personal about their order. The easier the process of providing feedback, the better you get.
Some turn offs
- Register / Login to comment
- Scrolling thru screens, before finding the feedback link
- No context provided, on why I am providing the feedback (Context better be on the same page)