I've been experimenting with certain ways to improve the number of users for my social dating website, and since the daily user count is so low, even the approach for any experiment is almost impossible.
I want to make a final approach to this chapter before I move on. I have the following idea:
Revamp the design back to a single "Landing Page" design, where for example a screencast, catchy video, or screenshots are displayed to "catch" the user.
The user should ideally:
- Create a profile
- Upload pictures
- Queue up for the "launch"
Almost just like an Area51 site proposal, where a certain number of people has to be reached so that the site can go live.
The problems I face are:
- some users sign up, fill in their info, but don't upload photos / upload tree or animal photos.
- Some users sign up, fill in their info and just leave the site, and never return
For the site to work (people to actually meet others) I need some circulating users. Would you see a chance of revival of the website using such an pre-emptive registration approach?
- For a ideal launch, what would be the correct user count for a city like Istanbul?
- In the pre-launch era, should i email users with something, for example the progress (e.g. every %10+?)
- Should i focus on the main, big capital Istanbul, or a couple of big capitals, like Ankara, Izmir
- I am thinking of recording myself in an interview style, like apple for example, answering questions about the site itself or the launch.