PREPARE TO FAIL!!!!!
- You and your friend will probably no longer be friends once all of this is over
- Since you are far enough apart, chances are one person might be working while the other jerks around, but not to worry, both will stop working once the harder worker realizes he is carrying the load.
- Weekends is just about enough time to run a business, that is if your business is selling useless crap at the local flea market, or selling lemonade in front of your house.
- Your IDEA SUCKS! why would anyone hire a weekend consultant to build software? Last time i checked, when we hired contractors we looked for a good deal (offshore), and for a slave that could work 40+ hours.
Owning your own business is not glamourous, part-time, or a walk in the park. Involving friends is a dumb idea 99% of the time, and really only fucks you over in the long run.
Do yourself a big favor:
1. Save some capital
2. Come up with a real idea you can build yourself
3. Code it on the weekends, or when your boss is not paying attention at work
4. Keep your mouth shut about your idea, dont brag, tell anyone.
5. Launch your project, and test the waters, see how it does.
6. If it does well, use some of that capital you saved up to market it
7. once it earns you 125% of what you earn at your job, and if it still has room for grow then you are ready to quit your job and take it seriously.
8. Hire someone to help you. If its your friend whom you enjoy working with make sure he is qualified to do the job as any employee you would hire, and make sure that he is doing it for the same $$ as anyone you could get.