My friend and I are planning to collaborate in developing a mobile application. We are on to the discussions on the revenue sharing. Following are details to be considered.
- My friend is the owner of the original idea and the monetization strategy.
- The concept detailing and visualization will be a combined effort.
- My friend will develop the app in one mobile platform and I will develop the same on another platform.
- Both of us are committing 50% of our time to product and both of us have more than 10 years of experience in mobile space.
- I am convinced that the app will be a hit if we can launch it within couple of months.
My friends suggests 75% - 25% ; 75 to him (by virtue being the owner of the idea) and 25 to me. But I think it should be 55% to him and 45% to me because the idea is not even patented and there is no plan to do so. Moreover I have come out with the dirty prototype of the idea in my platform, while there was no progress on the other platform.
Can someone with similar experience suggest me the right kind of revenue split for this scenario?