I'm an Android developer that has made money over some of the apps I've created in the past year. I have no corporate filing so I am currently considered a sole proprietor in the state of Florida. I would like to incorporate or become an LLC to get the benefits of being such entities like limited liabilities.
I'm not sure on how to organize the business. Or the proper startup procedure on how to do it. I've been doing some research and currently I'm stuck at the classic inc vs llc decision. I'm thinking llc is the way to go but I'm not 100% sure.
- One man shop.
- No intention on going public.
- Currently focused on android mobile but can expand to web and other mobile platforms in the future.
- Only operates out of Florida. Of course product can be used anywhere in the world.
- No conflict with current full-time employer.
- No liability to debtors. (Private assets protection against lawsuits etc.)
- Simple tax filing.
- No double-taxation.