My question is, therefore, how many
percent of the total asset value do
you believe needs to be exchanged per
day in order to achieve critical mass
Let me just say that you have no clue what you are talking about (i.e. trading).
Your question is irrelevant.
In general, the quesiton you want to ask is:
- What turnover of whatever shares do you want per day (1000? 10.000?)
- Who is going to make a market? Make a market as in be the MarketMaker. This is a defined term - you better find out what that means right now.
Think of the asset in question like
real estate in an online game you have
never heard of.
VERY hard to get that into any realation. Do we talk of an in game exchange, or out of game? In game is more feasible - out of game you possibly have nothing on the table that interests anyone to make a market and without market maker you will lack the at least semi-permanent bid/ask that is needed to provide a basic liquidity.
hom do you want to trade? A professional / semiprofessional trader? better give me something that
* Guarantees integrity (no money just taken away)
* Has a combined market value allowing me to move around half a million in value at a moments notive.
* Provide professional data streams and exchange type clearing systems (automatic stops etc.).
Or is this targeting low value in game "players"?
Did you check out the legal requirements? Not joking here - you may find out it is illegal without some licensing in your current jurisdiction. After all, some of the stuff you do there borders the banking industry (no, IS banking, like holding accounts for third parties).
In general, I would say some in game thing is most likely diable, some out of game thing totally undoable. YOu wont be able to kickstart proper critical mass, and you wont be able to provide acceptable liquidity / infrastructure.