When asking this question I am more concerned about the UI at the time of launch. When you first release the product to be used/tested by the general public. By importance of the UI I am interested in two things.
- How important is the information architecture of the UI? Modeling and Flows
- How important is the look and feel of the templates/screens?
- And lastly I am wondering if you would or would not launch the product if any of the above (modeling and flows or look and feel of the screens) is lacking?
Now please keep in mind that I have heard both sides of the argument:
- Image is everything and the first time you launch a SaaS product if the audience can not interact with it and find things easily or if they don't like it, they are gone and won't some back.
- You should release the product and let the audience/users tell you what they need and fix things as you go along based on the users needs.