I want to work out what it would take to create a twice weekly interview show delivered via the web (+ itunes etc.).
Interview with a small business owners/managers. The idea is to gain insight into these business and engage other business owners in that category. I am thinking 30 - 60 minutes per interview. Obviously I am after web quality, not studio quality. The person running this will be generally capable but not necessarily experienced in interviewing/editing/etc, willing to learn. I am thinking part timers recruited from universities, interns or similar. If you think this must be done by an experienced person, please say so.
I'm not yet sure if this should be audio only or video, in person, via phone or via skype. I think the ideal would be in person video with audio only as an option. I am open to ideas though. If you have any insight please contribute it.
The business case here is similar to the business case for a blog.
Questions broken down into more specifics (feel free to answer any questions I should have included)
- Do you have recommendations for equipment keeping in mind that cost and ease of use are both issues. How much will I have to spend.
- Can a single person set up, operate the equipment & interview or will it take two?
- How long can a person be expected to learn enough to edit?
- How long will it take to edit each interview?
- How long and how difficult will it be to get subjects? I know this is difficult to answer without specifics, but imagine I want to interview small grocery store owners.