I am a full-time web developer and in my spare time I work on a couple different projects. One of them being an ad driven website targeted at college students. iSearchNotes.com is the site and allows students to search and share notes among each other, as well as their profs.
When it comes to advertising I currently:
- Currently I have flyers around the local universitys (which work semi well but only small scale)
- Facebook ads that run on a very small budget ($2 day) targeting college students. (not to much luck so far but getting better)
- facebook and twitter accounts to interact with others
- Word of mouth (slow but best form so far)
- Search Engine results (largest form of visits but not always target market)
It seems however that growth is extremely slow (about 175% a semester), and I am looking for tips from others on how they would better market a product similar to this.