how are you doing?
This is my first thread here, hoping to get some nice input from the experts on this site.
Let me tell you a bit about our startup: We began developing our web-app about 12 months ago, this year around march we had our first semi-public release. It's been running in a limited public beta since then.
In the next two weeks we will be implementing our definitive version. We've been hearing our current paying users (around 350 atm) for the past months and we're giving them a completely revamped version of our website that we feel is going to hit hard.
Now, this has been privately funded and we've been running at loss for the past year, we believe it's time to hit a level where we at least break even so we can continue operation without so much overhead.
Our service is related to the filesharing business and helps users protect their privacy, won't mention much more details as i want the site to remain strictly anonymous, sorry.
I have a plan which i feel if conducted well, could make us hit our first milestone of 1000 recurring members, our ultimate goal is hitting 10,000 members. I'd like to hear some thoughts about it:
1) We have a mailing list of roughly 40k members, this includes: actively paying members, cancelled members and members that never paid. We're going to segment this list and make custom promotions for each segment.
2) We are going to release our affiliate program to the public, so far it's been running with less than 10 active affiliates sending traffic, think this could be a good move?
3) We are contacting most of the biggest blogs / publications / etc in our area and giving them free premium (yet limited) accounts for their users.
4) We'll be possibly purchasing announcements on related sites as well.
5) We want to get the word out in as many ways as possible, do you believe that services like PRWeb and similar could be helpful?
6) Do you think that having a corporate blog could help us engage potential future customers? Think it's worth the hassle?
7) We have a small presence in social media sites like Facebook And Twitter, but so far it hasn't been of much help. Is there any good way to engage our current members and use them to help us viralize our product? We were thinking of giving prizes for following us on twitter, sharing our site on facebook, etc. Is this really worthy while having such a low number of users?
Please excuse my english, I'm not a native :)
Thank you very much for your time, guys! Hoping to hear some input from you!