We formed our LLC a few months back. We're developing a software product and we're planning to launch a very small private beta test in about a month. I'll be doing our bookkeeping, but I need help setting up. I'm looking for an accountant to help me set up our books, help with end year tax stuff, and anything else that comes up through out the year. I'd like to meet and interview someone before making a decision to trust them with our finances.
What questions should I ask potential accountants when interviewing them?
Here are a few I've come up with:
- Do you have any certifications? ex. CPA
- What are your rates? How do you charge, by the hour, by the service, both?
- How long have you been practicing?
- How much experience do you have working with small businesses and/or startups?
- How busy are you? How much time will you be able to dedicate to me?
- How much experience do you have working with LLCs?